In-season basketball strength training workouts keep players strong during the grueling game season. Basketball is a game of jumping and landing,In-Season Basketball Strength Training Workouts – Jumping For Joy Articles twisting and catching, pivoting and even falling. But it is an exuberant game.
It’s thrilling to watch a basketball player jumping high to make the basket with ease. But it can be painful to watch a bad landing. In-season basketball strength training workouts are intended to make sure that bad landings don’t cause permanent injury.
In-Season Basketball Strength Training Workouts – Lunging For Victory
Ankle sprains are one of the most common injuries in basketball. The quick twisting motions, sudden stops, lunges and power jumps put stress and strain on the ankles.
Ankle sprains can be very painful and prevent you from playing the game for a long time if the sprain is severe. But ankle sprains are not the only injury that occurs frequently. Other common injuries include:
– ACL injuries to the knee
– Back sprains from intense twisting moves
– Contact injuries from collisions with other athletes- Finger dislocations
– Bone fractures- Injuries due to falling
– Injuries from overuse of the same muscles and joints for specific sports moves
The potential injury list is long, but in-season basketball strength training workouts can help reduce injury possibilities.
– Strengthening exercises for the hamstring
– Exercises that include cutting maneuvers
– Drills for skill development
– Jumping rope on alternating legs
– Using weights for muscle strengthening
– Core muscle improvement for general conditioning
– Running moves that reduce chances for sprains
– Landing techniques
– Jumping skills
Off -season, there is more time to rest between exercise sessions. But in-season, the body must be able to endure almost constant exercising. When the body joints and muscles are overused, they get stressed. This increases the likelihood of injuries.
In-season basketball strength training workouts concentrate on exercises that relieve muscle tension and keep strength levels where they need to be.
In-Season Basketball Strength Training Workouts – Twist And Shout
Maintaining in-season strength requires an exercise program that not only protects the body from unnecessary injury, but also helps maintain energy levels. By the end of the season, without in-season basketball strength training workouts, the body will have difficulty maintaining top performance. It is like the prizefighter that takes a beating for 5 rounds and then begins to tire.
In-season basketball strength training nba total games per season workouts are combined with diet and sleep to maximize body recovery from the strain of the game. Twisting and shouting while dancing lasts for only for 3 minutes. Twisting and shouting during a basketball game requires the athlete to produce for hours at a time.
Here Are Some Must-Do’s for Being in Top Shape:
– Nutritional supplements included in diet to replace depleted minerals and vitamins- Dietary requirements met through careful meal planning for energy maintenance- Specific explosive move training for strength
– Aerobic exercises for endurance- Workouts that engage full bodyIn-season basketball training workouts also deal with handling the stress of competition. Specific exercises that are often included are:
– Running, stopping, turning
– Jump squats
– Weight training- Interval training
These are not all the exercises by any means. Your body’s response to the intense exercising requirements of basketball can be maximized with in-season basketball strength training workouts.